Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dream Kitchens

     About a year ago, I became obsessed with kitchens. I would look through my aunt's copy of Southern Living Dream Houses and Kitchens and pick out my favorites. So, since I have a little bit of free time before Fall classes start, I decided to Google "dream kitchens". OH MY. All my favorites from Southern Living couldn't compare to this one. Here's a link: http://www.mainstreetdesignbuild.com/kitchen-remodeling-grosse-pointe-shores-michigan.asp Wood cabinets, a large island with lots of space, a water spigot over the stovetop, recessed ceiling lights, stainless steel appliances, a gas stove...*happy sigh*. I especially like the "shattered glass" cabinets. You can also see what the kitchen looked like before the renovation. WOW. 
     I know it's highly unlikely that I get this exact kitchen, but it's still fun to dream. I would loooove to have a gas stove, wood cabinets, a large island, and stainless steel appliances in my future kitchen, though. However, I'm satisfied with the tiny apartment kitchen that Caleb and I are fortunate to have. 

5 comments:

  1. Tell you what. Once I graduate and we move then we'll get that kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind that I am following your blog, since we have never met. I DO know Caleb and his family and you know my sister, Daphne Pickup. Oh, My name is Trisha, btw. I hope we can meet in person sometime! I really like the name of your blog. And I love to look at and dream about kitchens too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind at all! I hope you enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove dreaming of the "perfect" house! So long as my family lives in it, though, it will be all I need.

    ReplyDelete