Friday, September 9, 2011

A New Semester Begins

     Woot. I'm taking seventeen hours of classes. I'm also teaching swimming lessons Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Alabama football kicked off last Saturday. I've got a lot of stuff going on right now.

     I've also been in a food-rut of sorts. With as many hours that I'm taking, my focus is mainly on my schoolwork instead of fixing dinner. It's so much easier to just throw a can of soup on the stove and call it "dinner".  However, after three weeks of eating sandwiches for lunch and soup for dinner, it gets pretty old. Enter www.crockpotgirls.com. Ridiculously, stupid-easy recipes. And Caleb and I got a Crockpot for a wedding gift. Food-rut? Avoided! 

     I think I'm going to implement a "Must Get Out Of The House On Friday Afternoon/Night" rule. I get so bored on Friday afternoons. I feel cooped up and cranky. Baking cookies sometimes helps, but sometimes I just want to get OUT OF THE APARTMENT. Preferably before I say or do something rash. It's the simple things such as a change in scenery that keeps me sane. And coffee. 

   


    
    
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the crock pot. Also, bone-in chicken thighs are as easy as all get-out to roast in the oven. That's one of my favorite quick fixes to the dinner dilemma.

    ReplyDelete