Thursday, May 16, 2013

Colorado or Bust!

I am a terrible blogger! I really hope to get better about blogging soon.

Well, since you're reading this, a few major things have happened:

1) Caleb and I celebrated our two year anniversary on Tuesday. We went to Russell's Beef House in Corinth, MS, and were going to see Iron Man 3 until Caleb looked up the reviews on a Christian-based values website. So, no Iron Man 3 until it comes out at the Redbox. Dinner was excellent; we both had the rib-eye steak along with a baked potato. 

2) I did not graduate in May. I had to deal with some personal issues I was facing, which slowed down my academic career. I do plan on finishing college, though! I'm slowly getting on the right track again. 

3) Caleb has been applying to jobs since his doctoral graduation in December. He had a phone interview with Peru State College in Peru, Nebraska. Since that interview went well, the college decided to fly him out for a face-to-face interview in April. He got to stay with his sister and her family instead of in a cold, lonely hotel room, which was wonderful. I picked him up from the airport in Birmingham after Wednesday night services and drove home. It was so good to see him again. I don't sleep when he is gone. About a week after he got back, he was expecting a phone call to inform him whether or not he got the job. He was told to expect a call on Monday; the call didn't come until Friday after he called the person in charge and asked about the position. So from Monday until Friday afternoon, he was kind of grumpy and fed up about having to wait for this phone call. Caleb found out the position had been filled, and was very gracious in taking the bad news. His mood seemed to get better since now he knew that he needed to apply to more jobs (a task he vehemently stated to me that he disliked). 

A few weeks later, he got an email from Western State Colorado University requesting a phone interview on a certain day and time. He informed them that he was not interested in staying at their institution permanently. I did not think Caleb would get the job since he said he wasn't interested in staying permanently; he had the same thoughts. 

Well, on Wednesday, Caleb, Benjamin, and I walked over to the local donut shop for breakfast. After breakfast, we decided to visit the Handy Man rental store next door. The owner asked Caleb how close he was to finding a job and Caleb said that he had a phone interview with WSCU a couple of weeks ago. I walk into the health food store next door and start up a conversation with the lady working there, who also asks about Caleb's job hunt. A few minutes into our conversation, Caleb walks in and says, "WSCU offered me the job! I told them that I would talk to you about it first, though." I said, "Take it!! A job is a job!" Caleb asked if I wanted to think about it more and I said, "No! There is a sound church about an hour away. I've looked at apartments. There is nothing else I need to know!" So, we walk back to Caleb's parent's house and Caleb calls his friends and family to let them know the good news. I call my mom and tell her. She congratulated Caleb on finding a job.

Life will be changing at the end of July for the Holloways! I definitely need to buy some wool leggings and other warm gear! 

3 comments:

  1. Well, dealing with personal issues doesn't necessarily mean being on the "wrong" track! I hope you've got them worked out and have a smooth transition next semester. I'm excited for your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading all of your posts!

    ReplyDelete