Tuesday, May 28, 2013

So Much Stuff!!!

Since my husband and I are moving at the end of the summer, I have started to go through my clothes, books, shoes, and various other items that we haven't used in more than 6 months. So far, I have decided to get rid of 4-5 dresses, two hoodies, one jacket/coat, lots of magazines, 3 books, lots of plastic cups we got for free, a candle, two unused tubs of coffee creamer, lotions, body washes, and body sprays, and nail polishes. 

I'm really not looking forward to moving our books; Caleb has a lot of textbooks that are thick and heavy. If people help us pack, I'm going to delegate that task to them. Maybe I should start packing books and other things we haven't used now? I'm also not looking forward to moving a fish and a fishtank across the country. 

I think the first thing I'm going to do when we move in to our new apartment is organize the kitchen. The next thing I'm going to do is make the bed. I don't care if it sounds ridiculous; having an organized kitchen and a bed that is made makes me feel so much better!! 

3 comments:

  1. You sound like an experienced mover already! If you have time to pack something you won't be needing now, then pack it now! You'll be glad later if you have even one less box to pack!

    The kitchen is the hardest room to unpack and organize, and takes the longest. Grooooan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you! I've read a lot of blog posts about moving, and the three most popular tips have been to pack early, organize the kitchen, and make the bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep on thinking that I've got some stuff I need to give away, but whenever I start running through my things in my mind or looking through them I have a hard time finding anything.

    ReplyDelete