Friday, March 7, 2014

Change of Plans

Well, Caleb and I had a wonderful Christmas break visiting our families! We were able to stay the night with one of our friend's parents who live in Denver so we didn't have to leave our apartment in the wee hours of the morning! I was so excited to be able to see my family that I didn't get a good sleep (I woke up at 1:30 am and could not go back to sleep!). 

Poor Arwen had to stay behind alone at the apartment. One of the women from church checked in on her to make sure Arwen had food, water, and a clean litterbox. Arwen was SO happy to finally have us back; the first night she would not stop "making biscuits" on my shoulder. 

The first day Caleb went back to his job, he found out that he wasn't rehired for the subsequent year. While we knew this job was a one-year contract, we were expecting to be in Gunnison for at least another year. We were both devastated by this news. The next day I wanted to make a nice meal in the CrockPot using a recipe from my cookbook that I got for Christmas. (When the cookbook says to use a 4 quart CrockPot, don't use a 7 quart CrockPot!!!) Needless to say, the pork chops burned and I cried buckets of tears. I just wanted to make something nice so we could enjoy something during this turmoil. I felt like the worst wife ever because I tried to comfort my husband and failed miserably. 

It's now March; Caleb has been applying to colleges and universities almost daily. I'm praying and hoping that we hear something positive soon. We really would like to move closer to family. 

Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment